Monday, February 06, 2006

Smooth like a rhapsody

Banks seem to sponsor art a lot here; I'm not sure why. There's a Rembrandt exhibit at one of the Gaudí houses that's being put on by my bank. I gotta remember to go before it ends later this month. Today I went to Caixa Forum, which is a whole small (free) museum of contemporary art owned by another bank, la Caixa. Unfortunately two of the four exhibition spaces were closed in preparation for upcoming exhibits, but since admission was free that was kind of okay. One of the rooms was full of only white columns, floor to ceiling. It kind of felt like a forest and was very disconcerting (you couldn't really tell how big the room was or where exactly you were in it), which I guess was the artist's intent. Very cool in a weird contemporary art kind of way.

And I got my new phone yesterday. I used to think that missing a flight was something akin to the end of the world. Then I missed a flight, took the next one, the world did not end, and I calmed down about missing flights. Now I also know that losing your cell phone isn't the end of the world. I just told the Vodaphone guy that I lost my phone and gave him my number. He did a bunch of typing and then gave me a new SIM card with the same number, and didn't even charge me anything. The worst part of the whole process was waiting for the stupid Vodaphone store to reopen after siesta. Well, that and paying 49 euros for a new phone.... At least I've stopped buying electronics at El Corte Inglés.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home