Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bad Medicine

I have a cold. I also have this self-defeating belief that alcohol kills germs. (Is that even remotely true?? I know rubbing alcohol kills germs. Does drinking alcohol kill anything besides sometimes people?) It's especially self-defeating here because the bars are so smoky. I'm afraid I may have this cold forever. The good news, I guess, is that if it isn't just a cold and I end up needing antibiotics or something, I can just go to the pharmacy and get them; no prescription necessary. That makes life easier, but also has this anal American a little concerned about drug-resistant bacteria....

So I've been here a month now. I've made a few friends. I basically know my way around. I haven't been mugged. I've learned about 7 words of Catalan. My Spanish still sucks. I know a few good bars. I have a bank account, a phone, and a new can of gas for the water heater. I'm doing okay, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home