Friday, February 10, 2006

Just standing in a doorway

A lot of my friends here I've made over the internet. I'm not exactly proud of that, but I'm not ashamed to admit it either. Most of my American friends here have made most of their friends here over the internet. I guess it's just what you do when you move to a foreign country where you don't know anyone. So far it's made for an interesting and very random collection of people that I hang out with. [Bad grammar, I know. I just can't use 'with whom' and 'hang out' in the same sentence. Sorry.]

Sometimes it almost feels like a job. Not in a bad way, it's actually pretty fun. Maybe project is a better word than job. I've just never made such a conscious effort to work on my social life before--it's always just kind of fallen into place. That's one of the good things about being in a foreign place, though--it forces you to be more open, so you end up meeting people who you never would from within your usual comfort zone. I wonder if the openness will last, or if I'll just return to my old judgmental self when I get back to the US....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home