Thursday, February 16, 2006

Catalans are obsessed with shit

...that's a direct quote from last night. Someone was telling me that most European countries can be classified as being obsessed either with shit or with genitals (who knew?), and that although in most of Spain it's genitals, here in Catalunya it's shit. Apparently when they set up nativity scenes for Christmas here, there's always a shepherd off in the back somewhere squatting down to poop (not too close to the baby jesus, of course). I guess if you're gonna celebrate Christmas, you might as well have a sense of humor about it.

Speaking of shit, it's kind of how I've been feeling lately. I have this cold that won't go away, and I keep feeling like I'm on the verge of getting sick for real. Admittedly, I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac, but the coughing and hacking is definitely not in my head. [Does thinking you have hypochondria make you more or a hypochondriac, or less?] Anyway, when I stay out late, drink too much, and don't get enough sleep, I tend not to feel very good the next day. I know, what a shocker, right? The thing is, if I eat a healthy dinner, don't drink, and go to bed early, I tend to feel even worse the next day. It's like you're not supposed to take care of yourself here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home