Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Smile. Nod. Repeat.

God DAMN me! I am such a twit I could just friggin' smack myself sometimes. My landlord has started dealing with me mostly in Spanish now. Which is good, I need all the practice I can get. But I wasn't quite ready to speak Spanish just now, I didn't see it coming, and I did that awful, useless, ditzy smile and nod routine, not understanding but not owning up to not understanding. I HATE it when I do that. She asked when I would be home tomorrow night and I said a little bit late. She asked what time and I said probably 11 or 12. So far, so good. But then she started talking about a Portuguese friend and a drink and something about 10:30. I think she was inviting me to join them? Maybe if I got home by 10:30? But I didn't even realize that was what I thought she meant until after I got back to the safety of my own apartment where I could think clearly. During the conversation I just froze. Well, my mind froze, anyway. My head nodded and my mouth said "Sí" a lot. I didn't even thank her for inviting me, if that's even what she was doing. So I'm not just a twit, I'm an ungrateful twit. Mierda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home