Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Modern Age

I love technology. I bought concert tickets online today, and I can pick them up at the ATM. Bizarre, but convenient. I pay my rent by bank transfer, and I can make the transfer by text message with my cell phone. There are ways that Europe (Barcelona anyway, I guess I shouldn't try to speak for a whole continent from a single city) feels way behind the US. Heat and hot water come to mind. But then in other ways it feels way more advanced here, banking especially. I can add money to my cell phone account at the ATM, and I think even pay bills there, although I don't really have any to pay. I had a conversation a while back with a European friend about the different ways the US and Europe feel both advanced and primitive--he was right.

And, now that I have a blog, I may never have to read an instructions manual again! I'm still at the mercy of my own ineptitude, though. I lost the cable for my camera, so until I figure out how to get a new one I can't transfer any photos, dammit. Unless anyone out there knows where I put it?

2 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Blogger The Burger said...

It's under the couch.

(what if I was right?!?)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Wow, this is almost too easy! It's a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P93.

....if only I had a couch....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home