Monday, January 16, 2006

Every Grain of Sand

I guess I can sort of see the appeal of religion, even though it doesn't appeal to me. We wandered into a church tonight and it smelled good like candles, and people were singing. It felt peaceful; churches don't usually feel that way to me.

I think the closest I come to understanding religion is in how I feel about New York. Like I'm part of something that's a lot bigger than I am. You can go anywhere in the world and find people with New York connections. When the subway won't come, or keeps stopping, or the sky opens up and pours unexpectedly, even though no one is making eye contact there's sort of a sense that everyone's in it together. And I like that.

...Had a huge hunk of meat for dinner tonight--Aragonian food (Aragon is a region of Spain) is good. I don't know if I can ever go back to being a pseudo-vegetarian....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home