Sunday, January 15, 2006

Excess Baggage

So my saintly friend from New York brought with her all my stuff that I couldn't fit into my suitcases when I flew here. But the airline lost one of her suitcases, so this morning was spent sitting around waiting for it to be delivered. Which may have been worth not having to carry it up five flights of stairs; I'm not sure. At least they found it. The other good thing about having the suitcase delivered is that I was able to have a whole conversation, on the phone, about exactly where my apartment is. Speaking Spanish on the phone is hard. Small victories.

I know I was a tiny, tiny bit down on the Sagrada Familia before. But it is amazing, and doesn't get any less so on a second visit. There are a lot of creative ways in which one could commit suicide there. Sorry, that was inappropriate.

In addition to lots of great buildings, Gaudí designed a park. Wowowowowowowow. It is so fucking cool. You've gotta go. It even smells good there, the kind of flowery earthy smell that air fresheners I think are aiming for.

And we had an attempted robbery. A guy riding by on a bike tried to grab my friend's purse. She was holding on tightly enough that even though he knocked her down, he didn't get the purse. A word to the wise: Don't fuck with Czech women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home