Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Back to Me

I deserve this. What goes around comes around. I had this one course in grad school that I didn't really like, and my friend and I talked through it nonstop. We were obnoxious, horrible, miserable rude people. I deserve a class full of students who won't shut up.

I met my landlord (landlady?) tonight. She's very well-dressed and has this cute little son named Dmitri (I'm allowed to like little kids if they're named Dmitri) who forgot the name of his pet bird. She's a humanities professor and teaches a course on Russian literature, so of course I'm completely enamored with (of?) her. She was complaining about how most people in Spain don't speak any languages besides Spanish (and Catalan in Barcelona). I guess Spain is pretty monolingual compared to the rest of Europe, but it still kicks the US's ass.

...I will learn Spanish while I'm here. I will I will I will I will I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home