Friday, January 06, 2006

Dear Landlord

Someday I will grow up, get my shit together, and stop relying on my mother to bail me out of things. But not today.

I have to pay my rent. Since I live in Europe now, I have to pay my rent in euros. But of course I haven't been paid yet, so I don't really have euros. Converting and transferring euros from my bank in New York was a nightmare a few months ago; now it's just impossible because they won't deal with me over the phone. I hate them. Depositing the money into my landlord's bank account using a credit card no es posible, they need cash. No ATM will let me withdraw that much cash in one transaction. But apparently trying to make two withdrawals in a row makes me look like an ATM card thief, so I couldn't make the second withdrawal. So I can't get enough cash, and my bank still won't talk to me over the phone to resolve any of this. I hate them. So thanks to my mom (again) for coming to the rescue and wiring money to me. But because of time changes and the fact that Friday is a holiday here I won't be able to pay the rent this week like I was supposed to. I hope I don't get evicted. I don't think the street is much colder than my apartment, but there's nowhere to plug in my electric blanket.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Shane said...

A curse on Washington Mutual and their irritatingly friendly bank machines! I would write more, but I have to go delete the 10 spam emails a day I get from them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home