Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Smokin' in the Boys' Room

As of January 1, Spain outlawed smoking in most public places. It's taking a while for the ban to actually take effect though. I see people smoking in my office building, and lots of students smoke in the halls between classes. There was an old guy walking through the building smoking a cigarette today. He came up to two cops who were hanging up No Smoking signs, paused, frowned, looked at his cigarette, and help walking. The cops looked at each other, shrugged, and went back to their signs.

The good news is I was finally able to pay my rent, so no eviction this month.

My first day of teaching was tiring, but pretty uneventful. The only problem is the students TALK. And talk and talk and talk. But not to me. I gotta cultivate a better look of death.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Poker Bot said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home