Friday, June 23, 2006

With god on their side

I'm happy for Ghana. I'm not just saying that, I really mean it. They're all over the US in terms of who has more to gain from the World Cup. And I can stop trying to think of a good response to "The US has everything, why do you want them to win the World Cup, too?" I've been asked variations on that a lot. It was fun cheering for the US; it was fun to get excited about the US instead of just feeling ashamed of it. And now I can just cheer for Spain with no divided loyalties. (Well, I'd also like to see Korea do well, and Spain and Korea may play each other in the next round. Es complicado.) And the Spanish team is cute.

What's less okay is that the Italians beat the Czechs, but I guess having a team to cheer against makes things more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home