Friday, June 16, 2006

Roque and a hard place

My ranking of World Cup teams:
  1. USA
  2. Spain
  3. Teams from Spanish-speaking countries
  4. Of the two teams currently playing, the one whose country would benefit more from winning
  5. Of the two teams currently playing, the one with cuter players
So I was definitely cheering for Paraguay over Sweden tonight. The Swedes are tall and blonde and that's kinda cute, but their uniforms are all yellow so they look like giant bananas running around the field. Surely Paraguay needs more of a lift than Sweden does. And there's this guy Roque Santa Cruz who plays for Paraguay. Mmmm. I think I'm in love.

So I was bummed that Paraguay lost. The good news is, cute boys aside, I've kinda gotten into futbol. It's really exciting, and it helps with the baseball withdrawal.

4 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Shane said...

If clause #3 leads you to cheering for Argentina, then we might have a serious problem.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Why do you hate Argentina? I'm open to hating them, I just need some reason.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Shane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Shane said...

I'm an England fan, and England-Argentina have a substantial rivalry. Check out this site for the most aggregious incident:


Hand of God

 

Post a Comment

<< Home