Saturday, May 20, 2006

Nerds have a natural aversion to mullets

Mullets are funny. Not when they're forced on you, though. My friend had her hair cut the other day, specifically said she didn't want it short on top, got a mullet anyway, and when she complained afterwards was told that she looks better with the mullet. I may never have my hair cut again.

Anyway, tomorrow my friend and I are leaving on, if not the most half-assed trip ever, at least the most half-assed trip I've been on in a while. We were originally deciding between Morocco and Portugal, but Morocco sounded a little too adventurous and Portugal wasn't quite adventurous enough. Croatia somehow seemed like the right compromise. We don't know anything about Croatia, but we've heard it's nice. We were planning to drive there; I was gonna learn how to drive a manual car in the airport parking lot. But we just couldn't get a straight answer on whether we're even allowed to drive into Croatia or not (maybe we need a special license, stamp, registration, whatever, maybe not), and my Serbian landlord got us half-convinced that we could easily end up in a Croatian prison. Which would make a damn good story, but probably wouldn't provide stunning views of the Adriatic. So it's gone from a car trip to a plane, train, and boat trip; and even though we threw it together pretty last-minute, it's gonna be great. Tomorrow we're taking a train to Montpellier in France, from there we'll go somewhere in Northern Italy, and from there to Croatia. On the way back we'll fly to Barcelona from Venice. We don't have any hotels booked, but between us we speak two Romance languages badly and we have a Lonely Planet. What could go wrong? Plus, I have a cold that's manifesting itself in my usual loud, hacking cough, so anyone who might otherwise mess with us might think I have tuberculosis and rob someone else. You really can rationalize anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home