Sunday, May 14, 2006

No. Sleep. Till...

I heard a Brooklyn accent on the street today. After a few months away I guess I can sort of understand why some people might not need to live in New York. But I'm still an absolute sucker for it; I wanted to hug a complete stranger today just because he sounded like New York. The city can pretty much do no wrong for me. If it's pouring rain and I'm running late and I can't get a cab, it's pouring rain and I'm late and can't get a cab in New York. If it's 100° in the subway and the train won't come and I'm banging my head against the wall, I'm that crazy subway person in New York. It's the kind of attitude that I generally find intolerable in others, but I never got over it.

I don't know where I'm going with all of this, it's just what's in my head right now so I thought I'd throw it out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home