Monday, March 20, 2006

Woke up this morning with the cold water

So my shower did finally get replaced, although not on Wednesday like it was supposed to. That meant showing up in Valencia all grungy because we couldn't shower before we left, but at least we had the truck stop bathroom. While in Valencia I got a text from my landlord that the shower was working again. Great. So we get back to Barcelona on Saturday night to find that the shower had indeed been replaced, but I was now out of hot water. I tried calling my landlord to have her son replace the buteo, but no one was home. We didn't really need to shower that night anyway, so I left a message and hoped that he could come by on Sunday morning. Then I checked my email and had a message from a colleague asking about meeting for coffee this week. He's a friend of my landlord, and his email happened to mention that if I see my landlord when she gets back from Belgrade, I should say hi for him.

Okay. First my shower starts flooding my neighbors' apartment so it needs to be replaced, putting us out of a shower for one day while my friend is here. Then the shower isn't replaced when it's supposed to be, making for another shower-less day. Then the hot water runs out. Then it can't be replaced because my landlord is in fucking Serbia? And it all happens while I have a guest staying with me? What is this shit? Even if this were some stupid sitcom with Charlie Sheen, rather than my actual life, the series of events would be too much--you wouldn't write it that way because it's too easy. What's next, I slip on a banana peel?

____________________________________________

Epilogue: I tried to replace the buteo myself. I really tried. Couldn't do it. I suck. I was finally able to get ahold of my landlord's son, though, and now I have hot water again. Stay tuned for the next apartment disaster....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home