Saturday, March 11, 2006

Coming to visit?

Here's what you can expect. I'll get to the airport a little bit later than I mean to because the bus will take longer than I think it will. I'll arrive feeling like a bad friend who can't even make it to the airport on time when you've flown across the ocean to see me. But you're not off the plane yet so I'm off the hook. But then I'm waiting and waiting and waiting, half convinced that either I'm in the wrong terminal or you've been abducted. It turns out that the airline lost your luggage. You were using the luggage to bring me some stuff from the US so I feel bad, but you feel worse because your luggage is lost and you're too tall to borrow my pants. It's all a little too stressful to deal with the airport bus, so we shell out for a cab. The cab gets stuck in traffic and ignores my detailed instructions about where I live. We get out a block away, and I throw my "I hate cab drivers" fit.

It's happened twice so far, just like that. The good news is later on we'll go for tapas and have wine and the next day your luggage will be delivered and someone else will have carried it up the five flights of stairs to my apartment. And you'll be in Barcelona!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home