Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Blown to Pieces

I know I say this all the time, but.... I swear it's not my fault. I tried to post this on Wednesday. The internet was down at my office. I tried to post it on Thursday. blogger.com was down. I was in Valencia for two days and tonight is my friend's last night in Barcelona. I've been writing. More soon.

*******************************************************************

Today was my last day of teaching (yayayayayayay!) and I'm just as excited to be done as the students are, if not more. Teaching wasn't so bad, but I can't say that I really enjoyed it. At the end of my second class today, the students clapped, those fuckers. Cheesy, but kind of hard to stay mad at them even if they did infuriate me all semester.

If I sound less than thrilled about life, it's because I am. I need to have my shower replaced because now when I use it all the water ends up on the bed of my downstairs neighbors. Worse for them than for me, I guess, but at least they get to bathe. And replacing the shower isn't gonna make it any bigger. The plumber is supposed to come tomorrow and it's only supposed to take half a day, but I have exactly zero expectations that it will go that smoothly. I have a house guest! Whine. Luckily she's an incredibly good sport, but still this is just a total pain in the ass.

Yesterday afternoon sometime is when their apartment started flooding. So they turned my water off and we didn't have any water at all last night. No dish washing, or bathing, or toilet flushing. I haven't brushed my teeth with bottled water since I was in Russia two years ago. I am the worst host ever. This morning we turned the water on and the neighbors put a bucket on their bed while I showered. Apparently it's only the shower that's causing the flooding so I can use the toilet and sinks but no showering until the shower is replaced. Argh.

At least I'm done teaching. I think facing my students unshowered would have been more than I can handle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home