Saturday, March 25, 2006

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Quick, vote! Lonely Planet or Rough Guide?

Today was a beautiful beautiful day and I went for this great run on the beach this morning. Normally when I run I start going down the coast and then turn around and come back up. Today for a change of scenery I started going up. It gets a little less commercial going up, but also the sidewalk gets farther away from the water. When I came to a little walkway heading back towards the beach I took it, thinking it might lead to a path with a better view. It didn't. It dead ended at some sand and a naked old guy. Not knowing what to do, I turned left, now running through sand but mostly just running away. And then there was another naked old guy! I turned around to get the hell out of this little nude beach I'd happened upon, but that meant running past the first naked old guy again. Eeewww! And the really weird thing is I don't think it really was a nude beach; there were lots of other people around and none of them were naked. I knew that European women often go topless at the beach; I wasn't aware that full frontal nudity was common.

Europeans are more open to nudity than Americans are, and that's cool. I don't mind that there were naked old guys at the beach, I just wasn't really prepared for them. Next time I'll stay on the sidewalk.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Massimo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home