Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shhh! You'll wake up the art.

You never see photographs of a young Picasso. Not that I´m complaining. He was an adorable old man. But he was famous long before he was old--wasn´t anyone taking pictures?

Spanish people don't say "Shhh" when they want you to be quiet. They say "Ssss," because the Spanish language doesn't use the sh sound. I realized this at the Picasso Museum today; I heard a lot of Ssss-ing because there were several school groups going through the museum. And these kids were little, maybe six or seven years old. Now admittedly I don´t know much about little kids except that I don´t like them. But aren´t six-year-olds a little young to get anything out of the Picasso Museum? Wouldn´t everyone be better off if they stayed at school and made their own art? Or went to a sculpture garden or something, where they can touch the art? One of the kids was chewing gum and he kept taking it out of his mouth and playing with it. It could have gotten on the art. Maybe I sound like an old stodgy librarian, but that´s just wrong.

Oh, and I had this crazy shot last night. We went out for a fancy dinner (it was sooo good) and they brought us this concoction of salt, maple syrup, cream, and champagne. Bizarre, but really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home