Sunday, September 17, 2006

I am the eggplant

Okay. This afternoon it finally stopped raining and the sun came out. I take back the mean things said to myself about Santander. I do think the people here are particularly unfriendly, but whatever. (Dear waiter from this morning: Yeah, I ordered a second piece of toast and a cup of coffee. It was pouring rain and there was nothing else to do but eat more. Fuck you and your raised eyebrow.)

Santander is mostly on the bottom of this peninsula that's surrounded by a bay to the south and the ocean to the north. On a map it looks like a short walk to the ocean part of the peninsula. It's not. Its a very long walk. But it was exactly what I felt like doing today. The sun came out just in time. I threw away my umbrella. (I imagined myself very dramatically throwing it into the ocean, but that would be littering.) It was beautiful. Part cliffs, part beach, waves, surfers. At the end of the peninsula is a little pool with walruses, of all things.

So. This is it for this part of the trip--nine hours on a bus tomorrow and I'm back in Barcelona. No real deep reflections on the trip, at least not yet. They'll go in the book. (Promise you'll read the book if I ever write it, even though you'll already know what happens. I'll add some new stuff. Or I'll just make shit up.)

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger afu said...

enjoy to read!!http://goo.gl/FexAQw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home